Couple of days ago PrestaShop announced that version 188.8.131.52 is in “release candidate” state and it will give it around one week of final testing before make it official release.
According to the PrestaShop they have managed to fix over 700 merged pull requests and this is their biggest update for PrestaShop 1.7 so far.
So lets dive into what’s new in this version of PrestaShop 184.108.40.206
SEO optimization for combination products:
All combinations now have the parent product’s URL as canonical, Going to the parent product’s URL displays the default combination, there is no redirection anymore
Front Office improvements
- Improved Catalog mode: for showcase websites, you can now choose to display or to hide product prices on the website Price & taxes project for a better and clearer display of the order price details (product, shipping, taxes, etc.) on all steps of the checkout :
- Bug fixes for B2B, specific customer groups and no tax configurations
- Front office improvements on add to cart pop up, cart price details, order confirmation
Pop up cart improvements
- Many front office design bugs have been fixed and some integration improvements have been made:
- Footer : fix bug on contact email when it is too long
- Products : Improve “web only” label display
- Fix image dimensions in Product Card view
- Checkout : Limit carrier image size on all steps of the checkout for a better display
Back office new features and optimizations
- In order to gather all prices in the same place, a “Price (tax incl.)” column has been added to your products list. In one glance, you can now get both tax included and excluded prices for each of your products
- The Design section of your back office has been redesigned. Now you are able to have an overview of all design features (RTL, logos, favicon and theme) and manage them the way you want. Improved employee profile menu in the back office
- Five new tabs added: Resources, Training, Find an expert, PrestaShop Marketplace and Help center
- Your avatar image is now displayed Several back office design issues have been fixed or improved:
- Fix quantity placeholder issue in the Stock management listing
- Improved mobile display in the back office Several helper cards have been added on specific pages of the back office to help new merchants get a quicker onboarding on PrestaShop
New “modern” template design and wording for all transactional emails along with a new email template generation system and a new back office page dedicated to email management (in Design > Email theme)
New & improved core modules
Faceted search: The module has been massively refactored and new features have been added, including the awaited price slider on the website (available after the beta) Customer reviews with rich snippets: new module available for 1.7.6 (available after the beta) Image Slider module improved for a better display on all devices
Symfony Migration – new pages
Catalog > Categories Catalog > Categories > Add new / edit category Catalog > Brand & Suppliers > Brands > Add new brand Catalog > Brand & Suppliers > Suppliers (will be hidden) Catalog > Brand & Suppliers > Brands Catalog > Brand & Suppliers > Brands > Add new brand address Catalog > Brand & Suppliers > Brands > View brand International > Localization > Currencies International > Localization > Currencies > Add new / edit currency International > Localization > Languages International > Localization > Languages > Add new / edit language International > Taxes > Taxes International > Taxes > Taxes > Add new / edit tax Design > Theme & Logo Design > Theme & Logo > Add new theme Design > Theme & Logo > Choose layouts Design > Pages Design > Pages > Add new / edit page Design > Pages > Add new / edit page category Advanced Parameters > Team > Employees Advanced Parameters > Team > Employees > Profiles Advanced Parameters > Team > Employees > Profiles > Add new profile Advanced Parameters > Team > Employees > Add new employee Advanced Parameters > Webservice > Add new webservice key Shop parameters >Traffic & SEO > SEO & URL > Add new / edit page Shop parameters > Contact > Contacts Shop parameters > Contact > Contacts > Add new / edit contact Customers > Customers Customers > Customers > Add new / edit customer Customers > Customers > View customer
Full change logs can be found here.
Our team is already working on to implement the PrestaShop 220.127.116.11 changes to our PrestaShop themes as soon as possible, so stay tuned.
Source: PrestaShop blog